Thursday, June 01, 2006

Month of the Bus

For those of you not in the small Mariel Circle of Confidence, I want to let you know my latest kooky endeavor. I am striving for a car-free month. This means that I will not drive my car all 30 days of June except in the case of a personal health emergency, or that of one of my menagerie.

I've only just begun this morning, so it's hard to say how it will go. But if my frustrating experiences getting a bus pass was any indication, it's going to be a long month. Turns out that many of the places that sell the regular MTA monthly passes, don't seel the pricier EZ Pass, which is good on MTA and LA DOT buses, as well as a bunch of regional bus lines. After futilely driving around to places that sell passes on Wednesday monring, I gave in and went directly to the source -- the MTA HQ downtown -- and bought my pass.

And, I've already discovered there's a bus version of road rage. I felt a twinge of it on this morning's drive thanks to the personal weirdness of another passenger. I won't get into. Suffice to day after this morning's experience, I will be packing my Walkman.

I'll be updating my experiences on this site, assuming I have any meaningful exchanges, observations or ephipanies.

Meanwhile, see you on the Orange Line, baby!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home