Monday, November 08, 2004

Caliwashegon

The secession idea in this week's Daily News column engaged and enraged readers across the country. I guess it was picked up in several "red" states. And many of those readers apparently would be glad to see me personally, at the very least, secede from the country. Several helpfully suggested that I could move to Canada or France.

Here's my favorite reader mail excerpt: "Dear Mariel, time to sober up and start taking your medication before the men in white coats show up to take you away."

Heck, if I did that, I'd never be able to write. Sheesh.

But quite a few also liked the idea, though it seems like Oregon and Washington would not be that welcomed by the new republic of California. I'll bet we could get Hawaii, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home